Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wedding Sewing

My youngest son got married just before Memorial Day. I was thrilled to make my granddaughters' dresses since they would be flower girls. Also made the ring bearer's pillow (with my grandson's help) and we had so much fun we made 3 - one for each of the grandkids.

Plus, I made my Mom's dress which was a beautiful print we got for $3.95 a yard. Mom has been sewing most of her life, and she is 92 yo. She looked beautiful in it.

Speaking of my dress, I did make 3 trials, 2 in fabrics from my stash, and one final one.

I altered the bride's dress, and under - bustled it. That took me longer to make than my dress did. Also, made the card bag, and a bib for the bride. That's right a bib - not an apron. She wanted to make sure her dress stayed clean, so bib it was.

As soon as I figure out how to do, I'll post pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment