Thursday, June 25, 2009

Aprons and Chefs Hats for the Little Chefs

Today was spent at a funeral for my hubby's cousin. What with the early time we had to be up and on the road, the driving, sitting, standing, and visiting, I was exhausted and in pain by the time we got home. Plus the weather was in the 90s and hot and humid! In fact, I fell asleep on the way home and caught a half-hour nap. Then when we came home, took a pain pill, and snuggled up to my heat pack...like it wasn't hot enough out? So, after sleeping awhile, and having a light dinner, I started on my evening projects.

Last week, I had a friend who wanted to come over and refresh her sewing skills. Well, we decided to make an apron for her 4 yo daughter. I made one also for my 7 yo granddaughter, They both turned out really cute. This one was made for my granddaughter here in Illinois. It is reversible and the pics show both sides...

Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints





Well, I decided to make more aprons tonight for my Florida grandkids. It will be great for them to have when grandma comes down, and they can "help" me in the kitchen. And maybe even a chef's cap - just because!!!

My fabric was one I had picked up at a garage sale last week $2 for several pieces mostly cotton. The one I used was a blue with sailboats on it. After all they do live in FLA. I did it differently than the one last week. All 3 were made with the same fabrics; but styled slightly different. The yellow fabric was part of an old sheet. The red was also garage sale.

Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment