Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sewing with the GrandKids

My grandson and granddaughter wanted to sew while they were in town for my son's wedding. They are 7 (girl) and 3 1/2 (boy) We sewed while their sister (2 yo) slept and mom and dad went to the ball game.

His was the leftover pieces from a blanket I made for him earlier this year. This was really getting creative, I even looked thru my "kids stash" (boxes of fabric scraps I've kept for the kids to create with) and came up with a long top hem piece from a sheet in a perfect construction yellow for the handles. He even wanted me to use a small 4 x 3 triangular piece, so I added it to more yellow fabric and created a pocket. Finally went thru my button stash, and found 2 adorable trucks to put on the ends of the handles. Really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment