Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to Sewing

Well, it's been on again, off again with my sewing; but it's on because I need some positive "therapy".

I have Fibromyalgia and Sjogren's Syndrome both of which are Autoimmune illnesses.  Both have a lot of overlapping symptoms which include overwhelming fatigue, and constant all over pain in my joints and muscles.  In addition to the pain and fatigue, Sjogren's also causes dryness in your eyes, ears, nose, skin, mouth and even some internal organs.  Though I do have all of the above the worst of the dryness is the mouth which is sometimes dry and burning, and the eyes which feel like I got sandpaper in them. Today was a really bad day with yet another flare up so that even my hair hurt, and all sounds were amplified.  So, I went for my Physical Therapy, spent time in the warm water pool, picked up my meds, and after dinner went into my sewing room for some Sewing therapy.

Had to bring my sewing machine in the other day because the screw holding the needle in broke off and there was no way that it could be replaced.  So, today I cut out a few projects, and put everything that I needed together.  So, perhaps this weekend I'll pull out the machine I picked up at a garage sale for $10, and finish some projects.

Having everything together before you start sewing a project is like having all the ingredients together before you start a recipe.  You don't want to find out you are missing a key ingredient when you are halfway through a recipe and you have to run to the store.  The same with sewing.  Even though you can easily set aside a sewing project until you get the necessary "ingredient",  your momentum is lost.  So, a project that might have been completed that day, may languish for days, weeks or months before you start again.

So, tonight I'm sitting with two heat packs and trying to relax my muscles, then will take my muscle relaxers and hope they kick in and give me some relaxing sleep.  Looking forward to getting back my sewing momentum and posting what I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment